How do I learn guitar scales?
Been playing for about 9 month learning chords, I wanna learn scales but when I search for them on the internet, I keep getting different diagrams for each scale.
You can make your own scale, say the G scale on the internet scale sites (begins on 3rd fret, 6th string).
1) Break the scale up into 4-5 boxes. Print them out.
2) Practice each box up and down the neck.
3) Learn them until each has it’s own personality.
1) Play the scale when you are playing in rock in the key of E
2) If you want to play in different keys, just move up the scale up or down. For instance, the A scale begins on the 5th fret, 6 string.
2) In general, play the relative minor scale when playing rock. This is the ‘Aoelian’ mode, or relative minor. Play only 5 notes and you are playing the classic rock-blues pentatonic minor.
Filed under: learn guitar scales
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!